Sunday, June 15, 2014

Alyssa Jacey: #NashvilleSingerSongwriterFriends: Alyssa Jacey: Nashville singer answers 6 questions on her music and career



With this young and talented Nashville singer and songwriter, we could write more than one article, and we will do that. Keep watch for the next and following articles as we watch her career blossom in the music and songwriting town.

We have met many nice and inspiring singer/songwriters in Nashville through their Facebook web pages, and one of the most inspiring is Alyssa Jacey. As we are going back and forth with many of the aspiring singers in town and we are keeping up with Alyssa Jacey's postings about her music career, then we are sometimes able to share about her performances and appearances with our other friends.
One of Alyssa's recent postings included this message:

This month is going to be out of this world. I feel like I'm starting a new song every other couple days, all with different ideas than the norm. Using chords I don't usually use. Singing melodies that are catchier (in my opinion) than ever! I've got a bunch of fun shows this month (always check www.AlyssaJacey.com for the schedule) PLUS I get to go home on the 14th! AHHHH! Family! I get to meet my nephew! Moms birthday! Mother's Day!

My album 'Destined.' releases the day before that! Just SO MUCH AWESOMENESS! If you have time on the 6th, I'm still trying to raise money to fund the release. Buy a $3 ticket here https://www.stageit.com/alyssa_jacey/blue_room_concert_series/34619
and watch an ONLINE SHOW from anywhere in the world at 8:30pm CST next Tues! HAVE A GREAT DAY!
We will be putting together another article on this young singer, so watch for it, please. You can follow Alyssa Jacey on her Facebook page or one of the methods of contact listed below:
Website http://www.alyssajacey.com
http://www.youtube.com/alyssajacey
http://www.twitter.com/alyssajacey
http://www.reverbnation.com/alyssajacey
Read more about this young singer at: Alyssa Jacey: Nashville singer/songwriter/mentor answers 5 more Q&A


Q. Alyssa, where are you from, when did you come to Nashville and what brought you here?



A. I'm a born and raised San Diegan, moved to Nashville on January 10th, 2012. I had been to Nashville on tour one to two times a year, the previous four years, and every time I came, some magnetic force kept drawing me in. I would make incredible new fans. I would meet such amazing people. Everyone seemed to encourage me to make the move, when I would hear those same people telling other artists the opposite. I was here on tour and recording a new album for six weeks over the fall of 2011, and I ended up just leaving my car here (which I had driven across the U.S. performing in every state along the way), came home for eight weeks while I packed my condo, sold it, broke up with my boyfriend, said goodbye to my family, and made the permanent move.

Q. What would you say is your own 'American Dream'?



A. To inspire people. To help people discover their own vision and dream, and to live every day being thankful that we are even able to have the freedom to do so.

Q. Alyssa, tell us, how are you different from other artists?


A. I don't think I write hit songs, like so many other artists I admire, but I think I write relatable, emotionally driven ones. I think my voice sounds unique, and if you were to have your eyes closed and heard an Alyssa Jacey song, you know it's mine.


Q. Who inspired you when you were growing up?
                                                                            
        


A. I was inspired by my family. I wasn't playing music or listening the way most musicians did growing up, because it wasn't something I knew I would ever end up in. I never sang, I never wrote songs or played an instrument. I was a hip-hop dancer and played a ton of sports. It was only when I moved to Los Angeles to teach dance in late 2003, when I got into music and that, was a fluke accident in and of itself!

Q. What drives you?


A. Being someone other artists can look to for hope, in making their dreams come true. I want to be known as a national inspiration! Being someone whose first show wasn't even until 2005, not having a clue about songwriting, guitar playing, singing, anything...now being able to say I do this for a living. I just think there's something to be said about what happens when you put your mind to something and stick with it.

Q. How does the internet help you?


A. I am certain I wouldn't have a (sustainable) career without it. It's how fans truly could first discover me and my music, and how I started booking shows.

Alyssa, thank you so much for your time, and we'll be checking back in with you as your music careers goes forward in Nashville and Music City, USA.

(This article was published previously, in a similar form on Examiner by one of the writers who write for this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment